COVID Safe Travel
Tours Tasmania is committed to operating in a manner that ensures the highest levels of health, wellbeing and safety for our staff and guests.
During this new and changing COVID era, we are adapting to new requirements and expectations.
We have put new measures in place to elevate our hygiene standards and protocols, to ensure we comply with relevant government authorities to provide peace of mind during your travels in these new times.
Our Covid Safe procedures include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of high touch areas on the vehicle
- Travellers to remain in the same seat, no switching of seats, throughout the tour
- Ensuring vehicles are not fully booked to allow some extra space on board
- Ensuring our staff exercise leadership in best practice for personal hygiene throughout the day
- Ensuring hand sanitiser is available on board the vehicle for all entry and exits throughout the day
- Shared equipment such as rain jackets, beanies, gloves, will no longer be available for loan as per previous operations prior to March 2020.
- Increased end of day vehicle cleaning and sanitation processes
We will continue to adhere to public health directions and make further changes as required.
For the latest advice, information and resources about coronavirus, go to the Tasmanian Government Department of Health website https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/.
Conditions of carriage
For your safety and that of others, you may be asked to leave if you:
- While mandatory self isolation periods remain in place for Covid positive people, everyone will be required to wear a mask while travelling on Tours Tasmania vehicles –
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
In choosing to travel with Tours Tasmania, you agree to the following requirements to:
- Provide us with the name and contact details of yourself and your travelling party; and consent to Tours Tasmania providing this information to the Tasmanian Department of Health or any other third-party government department, as required to enable contact tracing procedures.
- Respond accurately to the following questions when asked by staff:
- Are you or anyone you live with currently undergoing testing or awaiting results for the COVID-19 virus?
- Have you or anyone you live with tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and have not been medically cleared as non-contagious?
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)?
- Acknowledge the right of Tours Tasmania to refuse entry or request your departure due to any non-compliance issues
- Maintain good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using hand sanitiser;
- Leave the tour immediately if you become unwell, after notifying your tour guide and seeking our assistance with alternative transport arrangements;
- At all times, treat staff and other visitors with respect.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY – COVID-19 WARNING
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the World Health Organisation and government health bodies, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
We ask that you please take personal responsibility for your wellbeing. This begins with packing any personal protective equipment and sanitisers you require. Please adopt physical distancing and hygiene practises throughout your pre-trip travel arrangements and follow all health instruction whether physical signage, or requests from our professional staff once you are travelling with us.
In choosing to travel with Tours Tasmania, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s help keep each other safe and healthy, and ensure we can enjoy and explore the beautiful nature, great short walks and all the amazing sights of Tasmania together!