We ARE currently recruiting Tour Guides!
Tour Guiding Details
Tours Tasmania operate active day tours from Hobart and Launceston. We are currently looking for Hobart based Tour Guides.
We run small group active day tours to some of Tasmania’s best National Parks. We focus on the great short walks of Tasmania, wildlife, sightseeing, and high levels of interpretation along the way, sharing knowledge and passion for Tasmania’s special places.
We need motivated, friendly and service orientated people. People with a true love for the great outdoors and leading an active lifestyle.
Active Day Tours
Our Hobart based tour schedule:
- Mt. Field, Mt Wellington and Wildlife Park
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park
- Tahune Airwalk and Hastings Caves
- Port Arthur & Tasman Peninsula
- Maria Island National Park
Essential Requirements for our Tour Guides
- Current Apply First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Light Rigid Driving License.
- Public Passenger Ancillary Certificate.
- Working with vulnerable people registration.
- Confident, experienced and competent driver of tour vehicles (Toyota Coasters with Trailers)
- Able to work regularly across a 7 day week roster
- Sound knowledge of Tasmania, geography, culture, people, flora & fauna
- Previous Tour Guiding experience, with skills and knowledge that can translate to Tasmania
- Energetic, fit & healthy with an outdoor lifestyle
- Dynamic, outgoing personality and customer service skills
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Punctuality & time management
- Ability to work under pressure and in an ever-changing environment
- Safe & proficient driving ability
- Basic mechanical understanding of vehicles
- Travel and/or work experience – within Australia or overseas
- Experience dealing with people from other countries and cultures
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Additional language skills a bonus
A Tasmanian Ambassador
You are responsible for ensuring our guests have a positive and memorable experience in Tasmania. It can be hard work but extremely satisfying. Tour Guides must work with many different nationalities and personalities under ever-changing conditions. You need to build trust and friendship so an empathetic and flexible nature helps.
Roster and Schedule
We have daily departures so you will be required to work a rolling roster that incorporates some weekends and public holidays. Due to the nature of peak summer season demands, it is expected that full availability for tours is required from December – April.
Daily Duties include:
Driving to a daily timetable & safely, picking up and dropping off guests from city accommodation
Management and care of small tour groups of up to 20 people
Giving on-board talks, interpretative walks, fully participating in all aspects of the tour day
Safe driving and care of our fleet of modern Toyota tour vehicles and trailers.
Daily cleaning and routine checks of tour vehicles.
Tour administration duties including reporting and compliance paperwork.
Interacting with domestic and international travellers, providing a high standard of customer service and communication.